Austin Edwards, age 13, competed at Adams Track in Riverside, from age 5 to age 8. He enjoys swimming, skiing, boating, and quad riding. As a result of competing at tracks throughout the southwest, Austin became the 2015 California INEX Bandolero champion. Driving at tracks such as The Vegas Bullring, Irwindale Speedway, Havasu 95 Speedway and his home track, Orange Show Speedway located in San Bernardino, where he has become the youngest ever track champion. Austin can drive anything he tries. He handles a YZF450r quad with ease. He can drive a boat, a tractor, or a tow truck. He is a quiet, laid back kid with a hidden sense of humor. He loves his family, friends, pets, and most of all RACING!
Austin begin his truck racing career at age 9, competing at tracks located in Blythe and Madera. 2016 brought a completely new level of racing to his team, as he has become the youngest winner of the first national Jr. Late Model class located at Madera Speedway and televised on MAVTV. Finsihing third in points in both 2016 and 2017, Austin is ready to break that third place curse and go for the championship in 2018! #18in18
Austin raises awareness by speaking to the race fans and collecting donations for a local no kill shelter located in Yucaipa, CA. Since his 9th birthday, Austin has collected $17,400 for Yucaipa Animal Placement Society. Austin also spends time at YAPS cleaning kennels, feeding, and socializing the pets while they wait to be adopted into their furever homes.
Austin has chosen an extremely difficult path to accomplish in regards to his career goals in the racing world. Todays top driver must have a solid corporate sponsor in hand BEFORE approaching a team to drive for. Any assistance in this area is greatly appreciated by Austin, his family, and his village of supporters. Simply sharing his story helps, or increasing ratings by watching the televised series he runs, or even making introductions to anyone that can help Austin make his dreams come true, while he is working hard to make a difference!
List of achievements
- 2010 kid kart champion at Adams Motorsports Park
- 2011 summer shootout champion at Adams Motorsports Park
- 2012 SoCal sprinters champion
- 2013/2014 Bandolero bandit champion at Havasu 95 Speedway
- 2013 youngest competitor in a Southwest Tour Truck (Age 9)
- 2014 Bandolero bandit champion
- 2015 Bandolero Overall champion
- 2015 Irwindale Bandolero bandit champion
- 2015 INEX California Bandolero champion
- 2016 Youngest competitor in an unrestricted, full sized late model at age 11 at the Orange Show
- 2017 Youngest pole & race winner in Mini stocks at the Orange Show Speedway
- 2016 & 2017 Madera Speedway JR Late Model 3rd place in championship
- 2017 Youngest competitor to run the 100 lap $5,00 to win rae in an unrestricted, full sized late model at the Orange Show Speedway at age 12
- 2018 Chasing a championship at Madera Speedway on MAVTV. Looking to achieve rookie of the year and a history making win in the late models at Orange Show Speedway.
In 2018 I’m currently chasing down a championship at Madera Speedway, and to win at the Orange Show Speedway, which would make history as the youngest to win at the brutal 1/4 mile track if I’m able to pull it off. Orange Show is the only track I race at against adults. All other tracks are 10-16 year olds. No one under 14 has ever raced against the adults at the Orange Show Speedway. I’ve been fortunate enough to get to run against the adults for a full season this year.
If we’re able to get the sponsors to do it I also hope to get experience in dirt racing to sharpen my skills.
Through all of this I’m helping multiple charities. I’ve been able to raise nearly $18,000 for the non-kill Animal Shelter in Yucaipa called YAPS since my 8th birthday and $3000 for the Nathan Tyler Davis foundation, which honors a fallen soldier by giving scholarships to students. My website www.quickpaws.support is specifically focused on one animal shelter, but my goal is to grow it as a nonprofit with my career, helping multiple shelters throughout the country as I race.
NASCAR has always been my dream and still is. It’s my goal that I’ve been chasing my whole life and still am. I know the chances are small but I’m still giving it all I have to make that goal. If I’m not able to make it to NASCAR, I love racing in general. Sure, I’ll race an Indycar, a Drag car, I’ll go off-road, a sprint car, just let me race! Any opportunity is amazing.